American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager-Investment Planning
The mission of the Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) group within Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) is to be essential to merchants and partners globally by delivering an easy, frictionless, value-added experience that enables them to meet their goals and serve their customers. GS&C consists of a diverse set of teams that support the GMNS business. This role will be an integral part of the Investment Planning team that supports the GMNS business globally in investment planning and optimization. This includes creating analytical frameworks that help the GMNS Leadership Team make well-informed investment decisions. The individual filling this role will need to have the ability to provide strategic thought leadership, demonstrate business maturity and be able to drive forward projects and deliverables across evolving priorities.
- Implement the annual planning process for the GMNS Global teams.
- Partner with the GMNS General Managers and their leadership teams to understand strategic priorities, develop targeted analysis and facilitate GMNS-wide investment decisions in line with the GMNS strategy.
- Partner with Finance teams to assess the financial implications/benefits of investment decisions.
- Partner with Technology teams and counterparts across American Express to ensure that GMNS strategic priorities are communicated, prioritized and delivered.
- Track and monitor approved investments on an ongoing basis, as well as develop ongoing scenarios to allow the business to exercise P&L flexibility.
- Continually evolve and improve the investment process, including developing and managing key tools and reporting that facilitate the process.
The role is New York based and offers visibility and exposure to Senior Leadership within GMNS. The candidate will gain an in-depth understanding of GMNS strategy and business unit strategic priorities. There is also an opportunity for the candidate to show thought leadership to help transform the GMNS technology investment process. Success will require the candidate to quickly understand the strategy, opportunities and challenges of the business and ensure analytical, structured thinking is applied to investment decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience highly preferred, with background in financial/strategic planning, consulting or analytics.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) and proven stakeholder management ability.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands, while effectively balancing deliverables and partner relationships.
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances.
- Proven project management skills and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- American Express experience is an asset.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required, as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 11:47:13 AM