American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Global Commercial Services Process Reengineering and Change Management
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Transformation Office sits within the Commercial Services business and is responsible for transformation ideation & execution, project management and Technology investment decisions & prioritization. The Sr. Manager Global Commercial Services Process Reengineering and Change Management will build and implement process engineering capabilities within GCS, in partnership with the Change Management practice. The incumbent will help build and execute a change management strategy that supports a culture of continuous transformation & innovation. The Change Practitioner will be responsible for executing key change delivery priorities based on the process optimization roadmap, incorporating inputs from Operational Risk and Business Transformation.
- Define & execute process optimization roadmap based on inputs from Operational Risk (risk assessment) and Business Transformation (cost/revenue opportunities).
- Deploy an agile change management framework and methodology for the GCS business that supports colleague understanding and minimizes risk.
- Lead all change aspects of the Transformation Office’s Process Engineering including: being the change practitioner on delivery of large scale initiatives, advising on moderate and smaller-scale changes and deploying tools, coaching and training to empower the GCS business to manage change projects flawlessly.
- Drive large-scale change management initiatives by conducting impact analysis, developing and executing communication and training programs focused on changing colleague behavior to increase enterprise-wide collaboration and enhance productivity, efficiencies and reduce risks.
- Recruit, manage and coach change champions and manage the champion community across GCS business to share best practices, raise risks and give visibility to all stakeholders on shared goals and project deliverables.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the American Express including, Marketing, Technologies, Operations Excellence, Finance, Operations
- Change practitioner with experience driving or starting up a change management practice or change engagements for a large multi-national company or in change practice for a consulting group.
- Experience managing large scale global projects with multiple business partner relationships and stakeholders at various levels including change management disciplines
- Act as a catalyst for change and bringing people along a change project
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent consultation and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand complex challenges & linkages and articulate into plans to drive results
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a highly matrix environment and being able to lead and influence without direct authority
- Strong ability to develop a comprehensive strategy that balances creativity, technical, and operational feasibility
- 4+ years of combined experience in Change Management, Consulting, and/or Program Management
- MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2019, 12:52:31 AM