American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist
What do seek in a job? Is it a challenge, opportunities for growth, a pleasant working atmosphere? American Express Brussels offers it all!
American Express is one of the largest players in the field of payment cards worldwide. Our cardholders not only have a unique card, they can also enjoy attractive benefits and travel services. Our office is located in Brussels South-East (Auderghem area) and consists of more than 150 employees. It is a fantastic place for young professionals to start your career. Through intense training you can learn a lot here at a rapid pace. You also get to know very interesting products and customers. Moreover, the size of the organization is perfect for building close relationships with colleagues.
About the role
We are looking for new colleagues who will join as Account Protection Specialists within the Fraud & New accounts department. Within this position, your responsibilities include:
- Analysing fraud referrals and identify suspicious transactions on customer accounts;
- Follow up on suspicious cases by calling outbound to customers;
- Assessing whether accounts need to be blocked and so preventing (additional) fraud;
- Timely communicate key information obtained from the analysis of the fraud referrals to the Manager and the Fraud team with the aim to suggest improvements to the fraud detection and prevention rules.
- Grant authorisation to merchants for processing specific transactions by performing correct credit analysis and by correctly interpreting the client information
- Handling fraud cases once the unrecognized transactions are identified and confirmed as fraudulent by the card member, the Account Protection Specialist will need to assess whether or not the case falls into the criteria allowing to credit the fraudulent amounts
- Review new card applications and analyse the provided documentation of the potential new customer in order to detect anomalies and filter out eventual fake applications
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Who are you?
We are looking for new colleagues who are fluent in Dutch, French and English. Do you have strong ability to process data and look for patterns, cause and effect? Are you able to act on own initiative, identify and propose improvement? And do you have strong communicative skills to reach out to customers? Then this might be great opportunity for you!
What does American Express offer you?
- An attractive salary;
- 12 months of work, 13 months of payment;
- Holiday pay in May;
- 100% public transport reimbursement;
- Meal vouchers;
- Sport & culture vouchers, eco checks, end-of-year checks;
- With full time employment you get 27 vacation days;
- Weekly guidance to develop yourself;
- Excellent pension program;
- American Express Green or Gold card.
Do you want to become part of our great organization? Then respond immediately!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2019, 7:41:18 PM