American Express Careers
Team Leader - Inbound Customer Services
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. Come join us and realize your potential.
Our Card Members expect the best – they want personalized, VIP service, and they want it delivered consistently. At American Express we want to provide the ultimate experience in service – meeting the unique needs of our members and exceeding their expectations in every interaction.
Our successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to drive exceptional business results.
This exciting Team Leader role is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). As an inspiring coach, the Team Leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.
Our Team Leader is an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter for both their employees and their customers. They thrive in ambiguity and constantly strive for continuous improvement. They are intellectually curious, constantly seeking information about their team, the business, the industry, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers. The Team Leader is responsible and accountable for delivering Operation Effectiveness and Excellence.
This position operates in a 24/7 environment, including working in shifts and on weekends. On-Going flexibility is required
• Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to CCPs
• Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
• Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
• Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve
• Create an environment in which the employee feels their contribution is valued in extraordinary customer service
• Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance
• Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and employee satisfaction
• Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members
• Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and engagement by using reward and recognition tools available
• Lead by example, promoting blue box behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment
• Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement
• Build talent pipeline by identifying staff with high potential for succession planning and coaching.
• Follow up on requests by leader, peers and direct reports consistently.
• Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching.
• Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
• Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
• Analyze performance management data, and identifying opportunities to further drive Customer satisfaction, Service levels, Sales point rate, Average handling time, Profitability, Schedule adherence, etc.
• Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing
• Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services
• Ensure compliance for all processes and policies
• Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
• Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals.
• Continually develop skills required for Team Leader effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
• Communicate the current state of the business regularly and help team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
• Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
• Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
• A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
• A passion for, and experience in the delivery of premium customer service
• Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly
• Demonstrated superior communication/interpersonal skills
• Effective mediator
• Creative and dynamic thinker
• Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
• People leadership experience preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2019, 4:46:31 AM