American Express Careers
- Deliver against strategic business objectives [70% of role]
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the merchant (i.e. know all aspects of merchant’s payment acquiring environment including history, current goals and organizational drivers)
- Provide consultative sales/solution support to merchants and Client Management sales channels within the market/region
- Provision of high quality product and process consultancy to merchants across the region
- Consult on Set-up, Transmission, Authorisation, Submission, Settlement, Reconciliation and Disputes
- Provide product and process consultancy to Client Management partners
- Communication and tracking of projects
- Technical relationship management of merchants, external vendors and processors:
- Build relationships for success with Nordics vendors and processors
- Consultative approach to driving product delivery
- Industry knowledge and business development [15% of role]
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of the payments industry
- Anticipate and communicate trends to assist in strategic decision making
- Use competitive information to position the unique value, features and benefits of American Express products and services
- Conducts independent research and gather marketplace and industry data from:
- Trade journals & web sites
- Financial Reports (understand revenue/cost drivers)
- Payments Industry Publications
- Business / Industry Literature
- Build strong internal relationships to facilitate delivery of shared goals [15% of role]
- Build and maintain relationships across the Enterprise
- Identify opportunities to leverage relationships between merchant executives and American Express leadership Critical Challenges
- Identifying and implementing most appropriate product and service solutions based on merchant, vendor or processor requirements and aligned with regional/personal goals
- Coordination across internal and external partners to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Maintaining excellent third party relationships with vendors and processors
- Staying ‘current’ in a fast-moving and highly regulated environment
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Understanding of American Express Authorisation, Submission, Reconciliation and Disputes processes across a range of American Express products and merchant industries
Strong consultative sales/solution building skills
Strong relationship building/management skills
Strong project management skills
Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The ability to articulate complex issues in a simple non technical manner
Flexibility to sometimes work across time zones with groups in the US, JAPA, Canada, and LAC.
Proven track record in leading projects and driving results
Ability to build and leverage strong relationship across GNO, GMS, Technologies, Operations and externally
Highly organized and results driven, with strong ability to be forward thinking and proactive
High proficiency in the local language of intended markets. ( Sweden and Finland) Preferred:
Ability to drive change
A passion for customer service and quality
Previous experience in the merchant processing/acquiring industry
Previous experience or exposure to the technology around card processing and merchant acquiring solutions
Appreciation of the global competitive acquiring and processing landscape
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2019, 1:58:35 PM