American Express Careers
Analyst-Strategic Planning - Acquisitions & Analytics
The Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team is the analytical arm of Global Commercial Services (GCS) responsible for measuring business performance and uncovering information insights to support GCS growth strategies. DS&I is instrumental in ensuring the success of GCS by supporting strategies that accelerate sales, spend activation, and drive charge volume.
The Analyst, Strategy & Insights will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Account Development teams across the US to provide reporting and analytics across a number of initiatives. The Analyst will be expected to assist in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to improve performance, as well as performing analyses of card member spend behavior from Cornerstone to provide data-driven insights. This highly analytical and consultative role provides the Analyst with the opportunity to leverage big data and best practices across American Express.
- Perform data analysis and identify business trends that can be turned into actionable insights
- Manage the internal client's relationship and answer adhoc queries relating to data and reporting
- Perform capacity and pipeline analysis for the client development team supporting the Commercial Acquisition Group (CAG)
- Analyze spend data to identify potential CAG opportunities
- Create, develop, and implement strategies to drive charge volume maximization
- Build strong relationships with business partners to understand business objectives and challenges to enable analytics that address partner need
- Design processes and work across the business to drive improved data integrity, governance & information management
- Present and communicate performance results and data findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner
- Design Sales Incentive Plan constructs in partnership with Incentive Compensation Effectiveness & executive leadership
- Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Strong SQL experience
- Mastery of basic analytical Excel functions
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems and enhance reporting
- Ability to monitor and analyze business performance to develop and implement reporting and analytical frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative field
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders with demonstrated experience influencing without authority
- 1-3+ years of Industry experience or proven quantitative skill-set
- Strategic thinker with an ability to proactively develop creative solutions to challenging business problems and ability to generate new ideas and business approaches
- Communication ability to interact effectively with business leaders and to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various levels within the organization
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win attitude, demonstrated personal excellence and fun!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 2:30:32 PM