American Express Careers
Service Delivery Analyst
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
An IT Service Management Analyst focuses on analyzing patterns, trends, and makes data driven decisions using multiple data sources with the goal of providing actionable data to the IT organization.
- Review problem and incident data over time to perform analytics, identify trends, and forecast future expectations.
- Provides a central point of contact for centralized IT Controls and works with IT groups to provide actionable data
- Undertakes quality assessments by performing/supporting quality rating measures on key changes.
- Analyzes Incident and Problem data to identify recurring patterns and works with stakeholders to develop action to eliminate
- Looks for out of pattern and trends in ITSM data and interprets possible causes and potential actions to be take
- Assists in the investigation (root cause analysis) and resolution of problems.
- Interacts with the development teams via Retrospectives/Post Implementation reviews
- Reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation
- Works in conjunction with Service Delivery Senior Performance Analysts to ensure Service Level Agreements for the platform/capability are maintained
- Evaluates application performance and stability over time to ensure stability as changes are made.
- Develops and creates solutions to provide information and action items to the IT organization
- Identifies and participates in activities to close data quality and governance gaps
- Delivers process improvements, eliminates overhead, simplifies data flow between processes, and assists with defining data use cases.
Prior work experience in an IT Service Management organization as a data analyst, data scientist, or service analyst.
- Deep understanding of ITIL Practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Data Analysis and Forecasting
- Experience with multiple reporting/analytics tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Taleo, Oracle)
- Access and Excel expertise
- Experienced in data management acumen
- Previous experience with Machine Learning a plus
- ServiceNow experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 12:43:56 PM