American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager-Americas Merchant Marketing Governance
This position is part of Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS) which is a global organization that sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA), and is American Express’ marketing services center of excellence. Its charter is to drive agile marketing solutions and enable innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming our end-to-end marketing processes and platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Americas Merchant Marketing Governance team within Merchant Marketing Solutions. The team is focused on strategic planning, process innovation, and ensuring flawless execution of marketing offers and campaigns for the US and LACC through data and offer governance, complaints monitoring and issue management.
This role will report to the Director of Americas Merchant Marketing Governance. The successful candidate will be responsible for oversight of one analyst based in New York., a team of 5+ colleagues within the India Center of Excellence (SABE) and a team of 8+ colleagues via our U.S. partner ALC, based in New Jersey.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic campaign consultation to partners across GMNS, GCSG and other enterprise customers including data and governance guidance to jointly achieve goals and execute flawlessly.
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders including Marketing Execution, Brand, Privacy, Operational Risk, GCO and Compliance to align on campaign feasibility and overall risk.
- Working closely with Client Managers, Marketing Consultants, and other teams who work with Merchant data to become a subject matter expert on the use of data in Card Member-facing marketing.
- Understanding how Merchant data is set up, which governance principles apply and how to translate that into flawless offer fulfillment.
- Partnering with Card product and tech teams to implement and maintain Line of Business suppressions for all Merchant marketing.
- Identifying and driving end to end process improvements with a focus on data validation and governance to increase speed to market and increase capacity.
- Partnering with the broader Merchant Marketing Services team to identify operational efficiencies in the E2E marketing process
- Collaborating with multiple business partners to educate, inform and influence to drive results.
- Partnering with business units across AXP who leverage Merchant data for consumer-facing marketing to understand key business needs