American Express Careers
8 Merchant (German - French) & 2 Membership Rewards (Italian - German) Customer Care Professional
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
If you are passionate about serving customers, results driven and interested in working for a world-class global brand, then the American Express Customer Care Professional position may be an ideal fit for you.
As a Customer Care Professional, you serve as the face and voice of the American Express brand. You have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of merchants. Our unique servicing philosophy, Relationship Care puts your passion to serve – and your personality – at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver value to our customers while deepening relationships with our company.
As a Customer Care Professional in Back office, your goal will be to provide exceptional Relationship Care on every interaction to drive brand loyalty. American Express Customer Care Professionals deliver extraordinary care by promptly and accurately responding to customer inquiries. Customer Care Professionals strive to make it easy to do business with us, solving customer issues, while celebrating their value to us. You will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing account information and recommending tailored solutions to our customers, reinforcing the benefits of membership by providing relevant offers that deepen customer engagement with our products and services.
What would you do every day as a Customer Care Professional?
- Deliver extraordinary customer care by responding to questions concerning customer accounts in a fast paced, structured customer care environment.
- Resolve product or service inquiries by asking probing questions, determining the cause of the issue; selecting and articulating the best solution to drive brand advocacy.
- Grow and nurture customer relationships on every interaction that results in measurable Customer value.
- Document necessary account information and offer custom solutions that benefit the customer.
- Deliver extraordinary results measured by customer satisfaction, effectiveness, efficiency and quality Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluency in writing and speaking in French/Italian/German and English required.
- This position operates in a Monday - Friday environment and we require availability ranging from 8am-8pm, sometimes holidays or weekends also.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred - Education benefits available.
- Customer service experience with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourceful.
- Exceptional listening and relationship building skill.
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a windows environment.
- Creative problem-solving, eager to find customized solutions.
- Experience owning or working in a small business a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Part-time
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019, 9:53:26 AM