American Express Careers
Program Manager - Global Infrastructure Services
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express' Global Infrastructure (GI) team is looking for a Program Manager who will work closely with the Director, Chief of Staff and the SVP of Global Infrastructure. On our team, you'll work on communications, colleague engagement, HR processes, general day-to-day operations, change management and various special projects. You should be and an ambitious, upbeat teammate who looks forward to working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing global technology organization. As part of this team, you should feel comfortable shuffling various projects and deadlines with precision and grace.
The Program Manager in the Office of GI plays an important role in developing and sustaining our high-performing culture. You'll invoke your curious mindset to inspire, empower, and connect the team, breakdown of silos between internal business units, lead change, and deliver various projects.
In an Executive office, every single day is different. You should enjoy breaking down new (and old) challenges into activities, events, and plans.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a key point of contact for the team while responding to and addressing requests as appropriate
- Leading and planning processes to support the team e.g. leadership team meetings, quarterly awards, etc.
- Help to develop the team’s intranet site and work across the various VP teams to ensure relevant updated and new content is published on a regular basis
- Growing collaboration across the team, promoting knowledge sharing, and building a strong sense of community
- Tracking and executing key executive-level deliverables
- Supporting the planning and content creation for town halls and other GI-wide events
- Crafting, editing, and refreshing executive-level presentations for senior leadership internal and external to GI
- Championing initiatives to support employee development, collaboration and engagement
- Leading various administrative tasks as needed for the SVP office with constancy and precision
- Deep understanding of project management and organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with great follow-up and high attention to detail
- Integrity and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Strong ability to manage relationships and influence without authority - you will work with a wide range people at various levels of the organization
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with website content management and technical writing/communications are a plus
- Prior experience driving online social collaboration with tools such as Jive and Slack are a plus
- Ability to actively prioritize multiple tasks with minimal guidance
- Ability to identify, communicate, and resolve issues and risks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business Administration, Communication, English or other related fields (or equivalent work experience) preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019, 3:58:37 PM