American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Java
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
- Serving as a core member of an Engineering team responsible for ensuring performance for a portfolio of our Card Member servicing (MYCA)
- Optimize Core services for Performance and maintain SLA’s.
- Write Clean Code and have a passion for learning new technologies.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 7 + years of software development experience
- Hands on Java Programmer with clean coding principles. (versions 8 and above)
- Solid Working knowledge of Basic Data structures and Concurrency.
- Hands on Experience with Distributed Cache and Messaging Architectures
- Ability to Design, Build and Produce testable code.
- Exposure to Microservice framework like Vertx and Reactive programming principles highly desired.
- Experience with Kubernetes Preferred, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Serverless Architectures Preferred, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019, 2:19:32 PM