American Express Careers
Credit and Fraud Risk Capability” team is a new “tech startup” within the Credit and Fraud Risk Management organization at American Express – created with the mission of building the next generation of Credit and Fraud Risk management systems, designed for long-term adaptability to keep pace with emerging technologies and a dynamic competitive landscape.
Purpose of the Role:
This position will play a central role in grooming the new/ changes to existing variable requirements that need to be implemented in Credit Authorization platform spanning across all markets and all portfolios (CPS, OPEN & GCP). Additionally, the incumbent would also be responsible for analysis of Credit Authorization System data (data steward) in Cornerstone.
• End to end ownership of all credit and fraud risk authorization data across platforms and processes
• Data profiling of the variables in Credit and Fraud risk Organized Data Layers to enable seamless ingestion to CAS
• Implementation of CAS derived variables that will be used in Production use cases and Analytics
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Decision Sciences and Credit Risk Management to design innovative solutions, capture requirements and drive a common future vision.
• Partner closely with Strategy and Modeling teams in building incremental intelligence, with strong emphasis on maintaining globalization and standardization of attribute calculations across portfolios.
• Define and manage Data quality control measures for CAS variables.
• Partner with Tech teams in designing and building next generation data quality controls.
• Transformation of critical data process on the POD platforms to Cornerstone and integrate them in to Risk Organized Layers.
• Partner with the IDN and AET in driving the implementation of new capabilities and enhancing the existing processes
Critical Factors to Success:
• Develop, enhance and maintain risk capabilities for business intelligence & automated data quality by enhancing modelling and credit bureau capabilities across customer life cycle
• Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
• Lead the development of Cornerstone implementation by being the data steward for centralized data definitions providing the next generation of data warehouse for the company.
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day.
1 - 3 years of experience
Minimum of Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or another related field of study.
Deep expertise in consumer and commercial risk management encompassing knowledge of data, processes and systems
• Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive change
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external senior leaders
• Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
• Expertise in Big Data, Hive, SQL and Agile development.
• Good programming skills - Java, Python, Spark and Hadoop with a minimum one year of work experience
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Big Data
• Amex Database - Cornerstone, IDN, GAM, CAS
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019, 1:22:57 AM