American Express Careers
Market HR Manager – Singapore
As a Market HR Manager, you will operate under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. Responsible for developing top talent and fostering an open environment that respects and rewards diverse thinking. Inspiring success is more than a job, it’s a calling that builds the culture of American Express.
The primary role of the Market HR Manager is to contribute to and deliver against a tangible People Plan aligned to global and local market business priorities. A partner to all business leaders responsible for enabling market-wide business success and enhancing the employee experience to drive business outcomes. As a key member of the local Market HR leadership team, the role will have people leadership responsibility. This role will also contribute to the success of the Singapore OneHR Team, part of the Asia cluster of markets.
In close collaboration with our Centres of Expertise (e.g. Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Global Talent and Learning Development) and global & regional HR Business Partners, as well as with HR colleagues across the region, the incumbent will drive HR initiatives focused on enhancing business results and enabling growth. He/She will ensure an external focus to capitalize on market best practices and associated risks are considered e.g. skills gaps, demographic changes.
One AXP – Contribute to the creation and execution of the People Plan and market growth strategy. Partner with business leaders and COE’s to drive the market approach to leading change and transformation initiatives, including the implementation of global solutions with local relevance.
Local Talent Planning – Develop and execute a local talent strategy in collaboration with COE’s and HRBP’s. Lead and manage talent process including talent reviews, succession planning, and inclusion & diversity initiatives.
Employee Development – Identify collective learning and development needs of the market and put in place specific plans to address those needs. Partner with COE’s to implement centrally created solutions.
Are you a people person? Requirement for the role:
- Strategic and operational HR experience of the Singapore market.
- Experience in successfully delivering a relevant and impactful people plan.
- Proven collaborator with an enterprise-wide mindset, successful experience in a matrix, likely gained in a multi-national if not global organization, demonstrating ability to drive business needs and geographic effectiveness
- Demonstrated success leading others and effectively influencing others without authority
- Strong Leadership skills, change management experience and ability to drive cross business employee experience consistency
- Track record of partnering with the business and senior leaders to drive results and change initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skill and strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work proactively to drive and deliver results
- A strong team player with the ability to engage and inspire others
- Continuous self-development approach to enhance HR competence and curiosity to improve business acumen
- Demonstrated project management experience, including complex change initiatives and implementing programs, events and initiatives.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Broad knowledge of HR and Employee Relationship practices
- Minimum 8-10+ years HR experience in a Generalist or Specialist role(s) will be considered
- Master’s Degree preferred in related field
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2019, 10:09:57 PM