American Express Careers
Senior Software Engineer - Java, Go, Vert.x, React
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and build rails for the engineering team
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 5 or more years of strong hands on experience in Java and experience with backend or middle ware processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Hands on experience in the following environments is preferred: Java,Go,Vert.x,React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JASON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis,Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack,Kafka, Spark, ML
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 9:35:03 PM