American Express Careers
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
As part of Enterprise Information Management Platforms team, you will work on designing and deploying highly scalable data platforms using Database solutions (Netezza/MemSQL/YellowBrick) to support Mission Critical Applications.
• Implementation of Data solutions using Database products (e.g. Netezza/MemSQL/YellowBrick) to support large data processing (TB’s/ PB’s) across Enterprise
• Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the data infrastructure using Database solutions required to support the business portfolio while providing consultation to internal business partners, customers and vendors in assessing data management needs.
• Provide Platform blueprints using next generation data management tools and technical solutions to support Mission Critical Platforms
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
• Automate all the things using Ansible / Cloud forms etc - builds, infrastructure and deployments.
• Drive standardization to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
• Provide level 2 support for core data platform disruptions
At least 2 + years of strong hands on professional experience building Distributed Database Solutions (Netezza/MemSQL/Yellowbrick)
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Good knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
• Expertise in hardware systems architecture, storage solutions, and disaster recovery
• Experience with OpenStack or other private ‘cloud’ management solutions.
• Experience developing Ansible modules to automate infra as a code and regular patching operations
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Appdynamics, Icinga etc
• Python, Bash or other scripting language knowledge
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, KVM, Containers ..)
• Linux Master Skills
• Experience and knowledge in networking architecture and security. API and REST based Web services development is a plus
• Ability to work with team members in multiple geographic locations and time zones.
• High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• On-call support experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019, 2:44:23 AM