American Express Careers
Process Automation Engineer – GTOS
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
- Able to provide consultation and strategic recommendations by quickly assessing and remediating complex availability issues. Responsible for driving automation, efficiencies to increase quality, availability and security.
- Function as member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing orchestration, automation, and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects
- Build, implement and advise on recovery tooling to apply enterprise standards and/or frameworks
- Introduce new and impactful technologies to the production support tool chain that help minimize friction for production releases and support, and to more quickly diagnose and recover from production incidents
- Consults with teams to build standards that drive the highest levels of availability
- Mentors teams through ongoing development effort
- Partner with development teams to carry out SDLC standards
Has an ‘Automation First” mindset – fundamentally will not accept doing things over and over by hand
Effectively communicate to business and leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Coach and advise about the Team’s function working with varies teams and provide real-life examples when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience. Up to 5 years of dynamic experience in software engineering.
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, middleware, databases, cloud.
- Experience with one of the Preferred development languages below.
- Knowledge of industry standards and business practices
- Desire to learn and quickly implement new technologies
- Ability to provide consistency through following a framework
- Knowledge of code version control (Git/Bitbucket)
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency and transparency.
- DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure
- Building live production APIs and services.
- Experience with automation development.
- Automation Tools
- Ansible (Preferred)
- Development Languages
- Shell (Bash)
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2019, 9:51:02 PM