American Express Careers
Consumer Credit Risk Manager Spain
To support our team in Madrid we are currently looking for a Manager, Consumer Risk Management.
Why Risk Management?
Risk management decisions have a significant impact on the profitability of the business. That’s why we don’t guess, we trust the data, insight, analytics and abilities of the finest risk management team. We believe that knowing the risks is how you’ll make the right decisions for the future of our company, our customers’ companies and your career.
This is a Manager role based in Madrid and reporting into the Chief Credit Officer of Spain, Germany & Austria. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Net Loss Provision by ensuring effective strategies and policies for the Consumer Card businesses in Spain. More important, you will own initiatives to profitably grow billed business, reduce unnecessary point of sale disruptions, and improve the customer experience in close cooperation with the Central Risk teams, that develop state of art decision science tools and risk capabilities.
As a key member of our Risk Management team broadly in Europe and in International, you will be work closely with the market leadership team and other business partners such as sales, account development, operations, compliance etc. This will require a deep understanding of credit risk and the consumer portfolio as well as an stakeholder management skills. Further, you will collaborate with risk colleagues across the globe to learn and deploy best practices from other regions. This is an exciting and rewarding role that offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, statistics, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
- Ability to develop risk strategies and reach alignment with the business
- Deep understanding /experience of risk management principles and methods, experience in Consumer or Retail lending
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong thought leadership and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Well-rounded understanding of data exploration and statistical techniques, at least worked with one statistical program like SAS, Stata, R, Python, SPSS
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Fluency in English & fluency in Spanish is required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019, 3:50:40 AM