American Express Careers
Director - B2B Network Product Strategy and Development
About Global Network Strategy & Transformation
Global Network Strategy & Transformation (GNS&T) is the team tasked with envisioning the American Express payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. Taking the lead on this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and deliver a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation.
Reporting to the Vice President of New Payment Products, this role is an exciting opportunity for a talented product leader to define and develop the next generation B2B payment scheme, leveraging the modernized network and its capabilities. This includes creating network services and solutions for product sets related to B2B, cross border, supply chain financing, and buyer-initiated payments, to name a few products. This leader will have the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and directly contribute to the success of American Express.
The Director will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Establish a capability roadmap to power the Network B2B service offerings
- Engage internal business unit leaders and partners to understand customer needs, collaborate on new/relevant product concepts, and present implementable solutions to gain alignment on product strategy.
- Help articulate & track the value proposition of ‘on’ network assets
- Develop key outcome-based metrics to monitor progress
- Define and validate use cases with key internal stakeholders
- Develop the Network solutions and capabilities, collaborating with all business groups across the organization, to deliver the flawless execution of product delivery including infrastructure, technology, and processes.
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, digital trends, and customer feedback to refine product strategies and roadmaps.
- Positive ‘Can-Do’ Attitude is a top requisite leadership qualification given that this role will help trailblaze network capabilities by way of innovative product designs
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies, ideally expertise in digital payments, e.g., push payments.
- Relevant experience: At least five years experience in Payments Industry with experience in Strategy, Product Development and/or Management Consulting. Experience in developing new product strategies, business cases, go to market plans, and product roadmaps.
- Leadership experience: Direct leadership experience as well as experience leading cross-functional teams to manage large scale product launches, including test & learn pilots.
- Industry curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change. Demonstrated track record for driving results in complex and highly-matrixed organizations.
- Nimble team player: Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly-evolving priorities.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent communication skills, proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- MBA preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2019, 6:12:07 AM