American Express Careers
American Express is looking for an Accounting and Regulatory Reporting Specialist to join the Controllership Team based in Rome.
The incumbent will be part of the Accounting and Reporting Team, reporting into the Accounting and Regulatory Reporting Senior Analyst, dedicated to ensuring the integrity of the consolidated US GAAP as well as Italian GAAP / IFRS financial statements, and will provide support to the Regulatory Reporting area working on activities related to Bank of Italy communications.
The Accounting and Regulatory Reporting Specialist is in charge of:
- Supporting the preparation of the Branches and Subsidiaries Financial Statements
- Actively participating on reconciliation preparation of accounts and related IAS/IFRS adjustments; The knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles is a plus.
- Performing variances analysis of periodical results ensuring the financial integrity of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss
- Performing activities related to communications and reporting to Bank of Italy including also gap analysis, error resolution, process enhancements
- Identify and implement regulatory changes and the related submission process to Bank of Italy
- Supporting the Regulatory Reporting team on audit activities and second level controls
- 3-5 year work experience in accounting; experience in an audit firm would be preferred
- Excellent knowledge of IAS/IFRS accounting principles as well as Italian GAAP. Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles is preferred.
- University Degree in Economy or equivalent
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven ability on database management programs (Excel and Access)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to be able to interact with other internal functions and external stakeholders
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Good Knowledge of Bank of Italy regulation and technicalities is a plus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies ranking 1st in 2018 and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 2:22:22 AM