- You have built and maintained a high performance, scalable web application.
- You enjoy leading and mentoring junior engineers.
- You are familiar with the best practices of web security.
- You are comfortable working within an existing framework, and when no framework is provided, you are capable of building and defining your own processes.
- You have a strong work ethic, and not only complete tasks, but constantly seek opportunities to hone your craft and design the best solutions possible.
- You care deeply about the quality of your work, and go the extra mile to make sure all details have been vetted, researched, and clearly communicated.
- You are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds.
- Deep understanding of Node.js and Web Development.
- Experience with React.js and Angular.js.
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and why they are important.
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts to non-technical team members well and enjoy those conversations.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Enjoy shipping often and getting your hard work in front of hundreds of thousands of users regularly.
- Enjoys iterative, user-driven development that prioritizes user feedback.
- Takes an interest in the bigger picture, and how their current work fits into the team’s larger goals.
- Know how to prioritize and finding the 80/20 when necessary.
- Experience with Elastic Search.
- Experience with Localization.
- Experience with performance optimization using profiling.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2019, 1:24:18 AM