American Express Careers
Manager for Leadership, Enrichment and Development
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
MANAGER, LEADERSHIP ENRICHMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Operating across the Global Service Network, this position in the Global Service Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for development and execution of Learning programs to enhance the effectiveness of performance, provide enrichment and leadership effectiveness for American Express employees globally, as well as across the GSLN organization.
The successful candidate will lead and develop a team of Learning professionals & LOB facilitators globally to deliver relevant, engaging and accessible training development programs to all Senior Officer to Manager level employees. The role will provide leadership with independent and transparent guidance, consultancy support and enhance tailored training solutions to drive performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop the most efficient and effective learning programs
- Drive continuous improvement (effectiveness/efficiencies) through ongoing identification and analysis of internal and external practices & approaches
- Champion programs to continuously build skills and bench-strength of the American Express organization
- Develop and administer Leadership and enrichment learning to drive performance globally, and conduct ‘Train the Trainer’ programs where appropriate
- Partner with other GSLN colleagues and teams to ensure appropriate sponsorship, adoption and deployment of curricula across processes, globally
- Enable best practice sharing to increase overall employee performance and proficiency
- Ensure learning and development needs are matched with business objectives across GSN and GSLN
- Utilize direct reports and local market resources to maintain a scalable learning infrastructure
- Coach and provide feedback to leaders and facilitators in each market
- Provide coaching optimization support through development of various tools
- Create and deploy customized training programs globally
- Measure and report on the impact and effectiveness of learning programs.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Prior professional experience in learning and development, with a solid understanding of the principles of adult learning
- Strong business acumen; knowledge of strategy and financial/business operations
- Excellent project management and planning skills, highly effective at decision making, multitasking and workload prioritization
- Ability to influence virtually to achieve sponsorship and engagement across global markets
- Confident and clear communication; ability to challenge the status quo and influence without direct authority
- Understanding of differing customer/employee needs in various markets / functions
- Analytical skills; ability to measure impact and effectiveness of learning programs and align metrics to business objectives
- Experience in facilitation of learning and development programs – both in person and virtual instructor-led training
- Ability to travel or work out of local business hours as required to support Global markets
- Cultural awareness due to this being a Global role
- University degree; MBA an asset or equivalent combination of education and business experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019, 11:40:19 PM