Global Commercial Services (GCS) at American Express is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The Business Financing & Supplier Payments (BF&SP) Team sits within GCS and is focused on creating products that are the best choice for our customers, which includes small businesses as well as medium and large corporations. This includes developing innovative business financing and supplier payment solutions to meet customer needs, bringing new products to market, and managing the performance of our portfolios.
The Virtual Payments team within BF&SP owns a suite of virtual card capabilities and central bill products that give our corporate clients enhanced security, control and enriched data for their supplier and travel payments. We are essential to our corporate clients and Amex, generating $1 billion in revenue annually for GCS.
Offering a solution to our global clients’ wherever they are in the world is essential. As part of our team, you will evolve the value proposition for GCS’ Global Footprint solution from a corporate card product to a BF&SP feature that can power innovative corporate travel experiences. You will be the expert on our customers and competitors and will collaborate with Blue Box stakeholders to bring the best experiences and products to market.
- Act as champion for your global & international clients and drive your product agenda on their behalf
- Identify innovative client use cases, partnerships and breakthrough business opportunities for Amex
- Lead the customer research agenda; develop deep customer insights to inform the E2E product strategy including design targets/persons, definition of key features/roadmap, product value proposition, positioning, and go to market
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to manage and prioritize product and platform release cycles and roadmap, leveraging an agile mindset and customer-first mentality
- Provide product overview trainings to sales and account development colleagues
- Understand the product P&L and key levers of growth and profitability
- Inform and articulate the 3 year investment plan and roadmap to drive growth and scalability of product and platform
- Define the success metrics for products or platform services and track performance
3-5 years of work experience
Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively. Must have a proven track record of driving projects from conception through implementation
Strong collaboration and influencing skills - must be able to deliver results in an environment which requires a high degree of coordination and alignment working with Field organizations, internal partners across GCS and American Express
Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate frequently with senior leadership and customers
Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast changing (and fun!) environment
Proven ability to translate a broad range of insights and inputs (particularly customer needs) into a cohesive strategy and vision
Thrives in ambiguous and fast-changing environment
- Prior experience with global corporate travel is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019, 8:18:56 PM