American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Product 360
Manager/Senior Manager-Product Owner, Customer 360
This position sits within the Customer 360, Enterprise Digital Application Experience & Platforms team, which is a part of the broader Enterprise Digital and Analytics organization.
The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals or businesses) and having a holistic understanding of that customer. Customer 360 is an American Express-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This will fundamentally reshape our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging American Express internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
The position partners closely with risk, marketing, digital, servicing, and technology teams on strategic projects focused on enabling Customer 360 adoption while enriching the quality of customer demographic data, building intelligence and insights, and supporting modernization of the platform.
We’re looking for a high caliber product owner who will own an exciting new capability that defines linkages and connections across American Express customers. Candidate should be able to work in a cross-functional team and lead various project efforts for this new capability, plus enable it for use cases.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support development and delivery of a vision, strategy and roadmap to increase Customer 360 adoption.
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlogs, including partnership management, operational efficiency, collaborating across a wide net of stakeholders in Technology, Marketing, Servicing and Product
- Support overall program management efforts including tracking project status, managing and escalating risks and issues.
- Manage specific tracks of product /capability development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance.
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance
- At least 3 years of experience in product and project management of technology or data-related products.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience with Programming languages (e.g. SQL, Hive) and willingness to learn new tools & programming languages and Big Data techniques (i.e. Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc) highly preferred
- Strong quantitative skills with hands on experience analyzing large amounts of data to identify patterns/insights and generate actionable recommendations with measurable value
- Information Management, Computer Science, or related degree a plus; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience on graph databases a plus
- Good understanding of payments industry & systems highly preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 10:00:56 PM