American Express Careers
Virtual: Senior Manager -Client Management, Los Angeles
Global Merchant Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires, maintains and grows relationships with merchants (B2C and B2B) who welcome American Express branded cards.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for growing and managing the relationship with fast-growing companies located in the Los Angeles area.
- Do you enjoy identifying new ways to increase revenue and drive business results?
- Do you read or study business economics?
- Are you able to effectively pitch solutions or ideas to drive business growth?
- Do you enjoy learning about different customers and finding new ways to engage with them?
- Are you able to have dynamic conversations with decision makers in the C-Suite?
Our ideal candidate will be a results-oriented self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment. You’ll be the main point of contact for approximately 80 clients. Managing a dynamic and exciting portfolio, responsible for managing and expanding American Express’ merchant relationships through consultation and creativity.
- Highly customer-focused and results-driven, with demonstrated success in pipeline management
- 5+ years of working experience in similar field or function required with emphasis on B2B expansion within managed base
- Strong business knowledge and financial acumen
- Strong partner or relationships management, sales, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills – internally and externally; including with c-level executives
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills; ability to think broadly to match or create appropriate and new solutions to client needs
- Self-motivated with ability to work well within a team
- Ability to remain flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the merchant business and/or the U.S. payments industry and portfolio geography are desirable
- Strong inter-personal skills capable of a high level of engagement and confidence.
- Position is virtual with candidate residing in the Western Region. North Orange County or Los Angeles preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 6:42:02 PM