American Express Careers
Engineer - RSA Archer
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
The position of Engineer / RSA Archer Administrator joins a dynamic and growing team within the GRCT organization at American Express. You will be responsible for configuration, improvements and support of the RSA Archer platform along with a variety of solutions and applications that support the business needs for the company. They will provide RSA Archer experience, demonstrate Business and Technical knowledge to help develop and implement business partner strategies on time and within budget. Your involvement includes the following activities across the application portfolio and support functional capabilities such as:
- Developing features for risk and compliance applications.
- Interacts with Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts with regard to systems and user-acceptance testing and implementation requirements.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of development projects and may be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle, from requirements analysis and design through development, testing, implementation and documentation.
- Completes technical/implementation design documentation.
- Provides estimates for design, build, test and implementation phases.
- May assist with updates to program specification/implementation documentation.
- Works with project team to prepare configurations for production.
- Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing - reviews test scripts; aligns with wider testing strategy.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Raises impediments, provides feedback and proposes changes to project implementation specifications.
- Provides consultation to product owners with recommendations to drive their requirements to success.
- Participate as part of a scrum team utilizing agile principals and tools including Rally.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with the RSA Archer framework.
- Experience configuring with 6.x series of RSA Archer as an Archer Administrator.
- Certification of RSA Archer Administration.
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- Technical background.
At the core of Software Engineering:
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following Technical, Functional, Leadership and Business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2019, 10:47:31 AM