American Express Careers
Sr. Information Security Analyst
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position will be part of Infrastructure Security Operations team supporting Business and Technology initiatives
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling service requests from business and technology teams, analyzing/validating the requirements, defining the access rules, scripting the changes and providing troubleshooting support with any access issues.
This individual will also assist with reviewing existing tools, applications and processes to help strengthen and optimize current capabilities, as well as identify any gaps or technical solutions to further enhance the team's effectiveness.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Significant experience (+5 years) and demonstrated LAN and WAN expertise working with Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, Routers, Switches and McAfee Web Gateway Proxy. Experience with an equivalent HTTP/SOCKS proxy is acceptable.
- Experience with WAN technologies and protocols, including best practices designs and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Internet protocols and related technologies, such as HTTP, asymmetric encryption, DNS.
- Experience with client authentication systems such as Kerberos, NTLM, SAML
- Routing protocol experience (Static, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) redistribution and summarization.
- A thorough knowledge of routing protocol metrics to aid in desired traffic flow.
- Experience working with highly available and redundant networks.
- Knowledge of Spanning Tree and Switching Technologies.
- Thorough understanding of Client / Server applications.
- Extensive knowledge and use of protocol analyzers (sniffers, etc.)
- Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions.
- Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train and mentor other team members.
- Experience in relationship management and collaboration skills with external vendor partners, technology colleagues and business partners.
- Palo Alto, Cisco, (ISC)2, ISACA Certification or ITIL Accreditation preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 7:58:31 PM