American Express Careers
VP - Commercial Risk (International Supplier Payments and Lending)
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The VP, Commercial CCO Europe is an exciting role within the international commercial Credit Risk Management leadership team based in London. This individual will own the performance of our portfolios within the UK and continental Europe. They will work in close partnership with local business partners, the wider group of international CCOs, and global CFR functional teams to ensure the execution of risk strategies within their markets and strong credit performance to support the profitable growth of GCS in the region.
- Monitor economic performance across all risk decisions in their markets and partner with the CFR Global Strategy teams to identify improvement opportunities in risk strategies and capabilities
- Develop in-depth understanding of the economics of the businesses where we operate, as well as the market place, including the economy, competition, and regulatory requirements
- Own the successful usage of international portfolio analytics to deliver meaningful insights internally and with our partners; work closely with the analytics teams to ensure evolving requirements are being communicated
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities in EMEA are aligned with the GCS strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services
- Demonstrate thought leadership on commercial product landscape, our supplier payments business, and long term non-card strategies (including cross-border payments and business loans)
- Provide guidance on analytical exercises to identify and quantify credit risk gaps and opportunities across the full customer life cycle
- Partner with local market vendors and data providers to identify, analyse and implement new capabilities and data sources in local markets
- Focus on talent development and team culture
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong leadership and partnership skills
- Credit Risk Management experience with a focus on portfolio management
- Commercial experience in the businesses in which GCS operates (from SME to GCG)
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influence management skills
- Strong collaborative skills to partner across geographies and time zones
- Proven track record of managing change and driving results
- Experience managing and developing portfolio MIS (using tools such as SAS, Python, SQL)
- Strong analytical and people management skills
- Knowledge of risk systems and capabilities preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 10:24:43 PM