American Express Careers
Team Leader - UK CEN
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
An iconic brand where you can grow as a leader
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our colleagues, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to drive exceptional business results.
American Express is one of the most respected brands around the world. Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Our mission is to give our Card Members and Merchants a level of service that goes above and beyond their expectations every day. We are advocates for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to become essential to them by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations.
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide:
- Experiences to become a great leader
- A world of opportunities to grow your career
- An inclusive culture to help you thrive
We support you professionally and personally, because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The Role & Responsibilities:
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity
This exciting Team Leader role is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). As an inspiring coach, the Team Leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.
Our Team Leader is an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter for both their employees and their customers. They thrive in ambiguity and constantly strive for continuous improvement. They are intellectually curious, constantly seeking information about their team, the business, the industry, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers. The Team Leader is responsible and accountable for delivering Operation Effectiveness and Excellence.
This position operates in a 24/7 environment, including working in shifts and on weekends. On-Going flexibility is required.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to CCPs
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve
- Create an environment in which the employee feels their contribution is valued in extraordinary customer service
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and employee satisfaction
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members
- Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and engagement by using reward and recognition tools available
- Lead by example, promoting blue box behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement
- Build talent pipeline by identifying staff with high potential for succession planning and coaching.
- Follow up on requests by leader, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching.
- Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identifying opportunities to further drive Customer satisfaction, Service levels, Sales point rate, Average handling time, Profitability, Schedule adherence, etc.
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals
- Continually develop skills required for Team Leader effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate the current state of the business regularly and help team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
A passion for, and experience in, the delivery of premium customer service
Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly
Demonstrated superior communication/interpersonal skills
Creative and dynamic thinker
Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
People leadership experience preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 1, 2019, 9:50:13 AM