American Express Careers
Director, Information Security (Infrastructure Security Operations)
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Infrastructure Security team is seeking a Director of Information Security to lead a critical 24x7 team responsible for the delivery of network security operations across the American Express global network.
Responsible for creating and overseeing processes designed to effectively manage delivery on multiple security infrastructure platforms, maximizing availability and managability, while ensuring all security standards and compliance requirements are met.
Will partner with other Infrastructure Security leaders and our partners to enable orchestration, automation, and business process optimization for critical operations processes and platforms.
- Responsible for rapid delivery of all Network Security Operational functions - including network Firewall services and other related products
- Responsible for ensuring availability targets are exceeded for all platforms and customers
- Lead end-to-end incident management including responding to automated alerts and customer reported issues and root cause analysis and implement permanent resolution
- Lead change management for the AXP managed network security platforms and capabilties
- Manage compliance via installing platform security patches and operating system updates as per security needs
- Drive security infrastructure hygiene and infrastructure currency programs for all Network Security platforms in collaboration with Network Security Arch and Engineering team
- Create a strong Dev Ops culture and develop processes and tools to facilitate fast times to market, technology resilience, and high performance
- Work closely with architecture teams to deliver stable, perform, and effective technologies to the organization
- Define and enforce Service Level Agreements for new and existing technologies supported.
- Maintain strong relationships with business partners to ensure that the platform continually matches business needs
- Support evaluation and proof-of-concept activities to drive selection of new technologies
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Typically holds a Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CPCB, ITIL, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience managing highly available operational services and core technologies
- 7+ years of extensive hands-on experience building and leading high performance teams
- Deep technical knowledge of all network and network security technologies
- Experience with implementation complex security solutions, and operational support of systems and applications
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated experience in driving innovation and change by identifying new opportunities based on industry best practices, as well as internal and external needs
- Possesses extensive knowledge of enterprise policies and procedures including Change and Incident Management
- Requires proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Requires proven communication, IT risk management and coaching skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 10:21:20 PM