American Express Careers
Sr Infrastructure Engineer - Windows, Virualization
The Windows Operations team is part of Converged Infrastructure Operations and provides 7x24x365 management and Support for American Express’ Enterprise Windows Servers and Virtual Infratstucture. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer position will provide day to day operational leadership and support for Windows and Vmware administration. This team will manage Windows boxes and ESX hosts throughout the delivery lifecycle and will execute daily operations including deployment of new windows Servers, infrastructure and delivery of reliable, robust support solutions.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
• Working in a enterprise environment providing operational support by building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows O/S servers.
• Working with Virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Nutanix
• Understanding of Hyperconverged technologies and SDDCs like Nutanix,VSAN, NSX-T
• Troubleshooting, Patching and Upgrade of VMware/Nutanix Components
• Working of Windows IIS and management
• Builds, deploys, maintains and assist with repairs of Windows VMware servers/hosts on racks, blades, and hyper converged infrastructures.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Cisco UCS blades and Chassis
• Managing GPOs, support of file and print services, DNS and DHCP, Domain Controller replication, and organizational unit management.
• Working Knowledge of Citrix and XenServer.
• Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2008, 2012 and, Window Server 2016.
• Working with networking technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP .
• Good Understanding of Windows and Virtual infrastructure security Hardening.
• Create, deploy, and maintain network and server infrastructure that relies on VMware products such as vSphere, vRealize and Nutanix
• Managing Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) .
• Batch scripting using PowerShell, batch, CMD Prompt .
• Working with Enterprise Backup & Restore Processes (Familiarity with NetBackup, Cohesity and Cristie) .
• Good understanding of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
• Managing user accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipments.
• Ensures system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintains system configuration.
• Managing Windows Certificate and Binding with IIS
• Implement changes utilizing a defined change management process.
• Research, review, recommend, implement and document server solutions
• Detailed knowledge of user administration, network administration, storage and security components
• Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification.
• Recognizing and articulating job related problems to management.
• Analyzing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools.
• Strong understanding of file system concepts, server clustering technologies and methodologies
• Server Maintenance, Backups, Performance Audit & Logging
• Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
• Ensure SLA's and Operational standards are met
10+ years proven experience of managing various Windows Operating Systems and VMware Technology
• Participates in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage of critical customer and internal systems.
• Skilled in deploying Windows infrastructure in collaboration with architecture colleagues and service provider partners
• Self-motivation and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key attributes for this position
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines (work under pressure and prioritize tasks)
• Strong analytical and problem solving techniques
• Experience with servers management in VMware is preferred
• Bachelors in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 11:47:37 PM