- Create a real-time event streaming and complex event processing platform.
- Create automated tests for code artifacts
- Use the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline for build, test, and deploy
- Actively contribute to design and technology discussions
- Participate in the agile development process
- Find opportunities and drive adoption of leading-edge technologies
- Own and drive solutions even in the presence of ambiguity
- Rapidly evolve skills as technology changes
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Significant experience as a Senior EngineerScala
- Stream Processing such as Spark Streaming or Flink
- Junit 4/5 or Spock
- Familiarity with modern front and back-end build pipelines and tools
- Strong focus on writing automated tests for your own code
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to clearly describe trade-offs with users and peers about technology decisions
- Adept at researching and documenting insights
- Constantly push toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn them into technical requirements
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2019, 12:53:54 PM