American Express Careers
Manager, Data Science and Analytics
The Global Rewards Finance team manages one of American Express’s largest balance sheet items – the reserve for Membership Rewards in the US and over twenty international markets. The team also provides strategic and financial analysis to help develop winning strategies that enhance customer experience, increase engagement, and help to grow our business.
The ideal candidate will bring a unique balance of technical skills combined with a strategic mindset. He or she will be part of the Modeling and Analytics team, made up of highly-talented individuals whose primary remit involves synthesizing data, building predictive models, and conducting advanced analytics to drive actionable business recommendations.
This is an excellent opportunity for individual to work with a number of internal and external agencies and business partners including, but not limited to, Product Management, Controllership, Model Validation, Audit, and Technology. This is a high-visibility role with a focus on building innovative solutions and developing global rewards strategies while maintaining effective governance and controls over a multi-billion dollar line item.
- Build and enhance predictive models including the Ultimate Redemption Rate model, improving forecast accuracy as well as stable and explainable model outcomes
- Lead the end-to-end project covering data migration of rewards-related data into a Big Data environment
- Test innovate Machine Learning techniques to help build the next generation of Rewards analytics / modeling capabilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external agencies including Controllership, Model Validation, Audit and others to satisfy requests and enhance models as needed
- Own the financial analysis for rewards initiatives, leverage analytical and data mining techniques to optimize loyalty programs across businesses in US and international markets and across lines of business
- Experience in statistical/predictive modeling and experience with machine learning is a plus
- Experience with SAS, SQL, R and / or Python
- Strong analytical skills, quantitatively oriented, and comfortable working with large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation techniques
- Thought leadership and creativity in solving challenging, and potentially ambiguous, business problems
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams by influencing with sound logic
- Minimum three years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree in Statistics, Finance, Math, Economics or Computer Science preferred, though not required
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 3:12:22 PM