American Express Careers
Employee Communications Manager
We are looking for a community manager and top-notch writer with a passion for digital, social and mobile technology to join our companywide Colleague Communications team. Our focus is keeping employees across American Express informed, connected and inspired by telling the company’s story in fresh, engaging ways and reflecting the voices of our colleagues around the world.
This role is primarily responsible for producing, editing and packaging engaging content for all employees. The Digital Content and Enterprise Community Manager will also help increase engagement across our channels, including our social Intranet. They will also play an important role in creating an innovative content strategy designed to connect with colleagues and encourage two-way global conversations. This position reports to the Director, Colleague Communications.
The successful candidate must be a creative thinker with demonstrated ability to write and produce compelling content, on deadline, in a wide range of formats; have a passion for social media; have experience managing a large enterprise social community within a corporate environment; and be a dynamic team player who builds relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Write, edit and produce content (including articles, quick posts, internal ads/promotional copy, videos, captions and more) under tight deadlines for companywide colleague communications vehicles, including the company intranet, “The Square;” a mobile news application; and digital screens in physical American Express locations
- Assist in shaping a content calendar that is tied to the company’s business priorities; manage editorial calendar for the intranet and related content planning
- Assign articles to other writers, including freelancers, and edit copy
- Working closely with colleagues across the company, conceive and develop story ideas, feature series and innovative ways to package content
- Contribute to shaping the user experience and governance of our social intranet
- Lead development of internal network of colleagues to help drive engagement with the social intranet
- Act as community manager for the social intranet, including curating content from other individual and group feeds to highlight, and developing creative ways to drive engagement and participation with the platform
- Contribute to developing the team’s strategy for developing and disseminating content thoughtfully across channels, including mobile devices
- Establish champion interaction across Amex; own and nurture community champions
- Celebrate community success stories and watch-outs by creating articles, videos and podcasts to share with the company
- Track metrics and create reports for regular sharing with the team
- Four to eight years of experience working in an internal corporate communications group and/or journalism/agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can work effectively with colleagues across businesses, functions and markets to increase understanding of our various audiences and develop stories that will resonate
- Experience writing, editing and producing fresh, compelling digital content for publications (articles, videos, podcasts, blogs, e-newsletters, social media content, infographics) on deadline
- Experience launching, managing and growing enterprise social platforms that foster information sharing, productivity and a sense of fun and community among large and geographically dispersed groups
- Takes a journalistic approach to internal communications
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of a wide array of enterprise platforms – e.g. social intranet (Jive), mobile (Social Chorus), Slack, etc. – preferred
- Curiosity, creative thinking and outgoing personality
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2019, 3:30:25 PM