American Express Careers
Analyst/Sr. Analyst - Global Commercial Lending Analytics
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses around the globe, both big and small. Our objective is to become the leading payments and working capital provider for our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) customers globally.
Underpinning this objective is a priority to expand our card lending business and provide lending solutions to all Cardmembers. This includes continued investment in credit card value propositions and both open-ended and fixed duration pay over time features both in the US and select international markets.
As a result of this increased investment we are growing our newly formed Global Lending Analytics team. This role will report to the Director of Global Lending Analytics. The role represents an exciting opportunity to support one of the key growth areas for the company. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to aid in providing a strong analytical foundation to track the health of our programs, identify growth opportunities and support strategic decision making in value proposition, go to market and organic growth strategies. This candidate will work with both the US lending and international lending organization
- Analyze performance and measure general health of GCS Global Lending products
- Define and track success metrics for product launches and enhancements
- Create easy to use lending reporting suite to help our product managers optimize their portfolios
- Collaborate with the local product teams to flawlessly execute on lending growth strategies
- Establish global benchmarking reports that can identify transferrable best practices across countries
- Engage in project based assignments across the US and International to enhance our launch strategies and optimize existing portfolios
- Partner closely with and influence key functional and execution teams, including Finance, Risk, Marketing, Pricing, and Enterprise Digital
- Exceptional ability to problem solve and distill complex topics and various data into actionable strategies
- Experience with statistical software for problem solving (SQL /SAS, HIVE and/or Python) is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills leveraging large data sets to inform business decisions
- 1-2 years of Information Management, Analytics, Pricing and/or Lending experience is highly preferred
- Strong relationship management skills across a diverse network
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a growth mindset that embraces change and is adaptable to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, finance, or accounting with applicable Master’s Degree preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 12:47:29 PM