American Express Careers
Manager B2B Supplier Enablement
The Merchant Services – U.S. (MS – U.S.) team’s charter is to ensure warm acceptance of American Express products and drive mutual growth for the network and our merchants. The B2B Supplier Enablement & Development team within Merchant Services – U.S. (MS – U.S.), is focused on unlocking spend opportunities and increasing volume with new and existing B2B merchants. B2B payments is one of the key areas of focus for American Express and this team is at the core of our growth strategy for the space.
The Manager/Sr. Manager, Strategic B2B Suppliers & Deals is part of the B2B Supplier Enablement & Development Team. The person is responsible for driving and delivering results across several high profile growth initiatives, to both grow charge volume and open acceptance of American Express products with existing and prospective B2B merchants. She/he will partner across the Blue Box to ensure that we are leveraging and deploying adequate resources to develop strategies and solutions that address the B2B challenges and priorities of our Merchants and drive long term value creation.
- Collaborate with partners across American Express business units on key strategic supplier opportunities
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including value exchange levers and trade-offs, to drive B2B acceptance
- Develop recommendations to gain senior leadership buy-in for enhancing impact of growth initiatives
- Partner with key senior stakeholders across issuers, marketing, client management, acquisition, legal and product teams to execute plans and programs to drive spend with these strategic suppliers
- Manage communications and report on progress and development of key initiatives
Experience (3-5+) years in business development, sales and negotiation
- Interest in passion of B2B payments
Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners, stakeholders and executives to drive collaboration and alignment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Track record of successfully leading and executing multiple priorities/projects
Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and identify trade-offs, using sound business judgment, to determine the value proposition required to drive profitable growth
Assertive and collaborative, with the ability to drive innovation and change management
Demonstrated financial acumen and presentation skill
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 10:51:54 AM