Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping AMEX maximize the purchasing power of over $9B of third party spend. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is GSM’s face to AMEX employees and suppliers. We provide strategic consultation, bringing global value perspective, negotiation and contract delivery to maximize purchasing power of supplier spend and to free up investment capacity through deeper partnerships with our BUs. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is also responsible for managing our supplier strategy with our business partners, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation (e.g. working with GCP/GMS to drive B2B spend and also Stream, a dynamic price discounting product developed by GSM) , collaborating with Contract Strategy and Delivery team (and on contracting activities, where applicable) and ensuring an optimal user experience for AMEX employees and suppliers.
The role reports into the B35 Market Manager to support strategic sourcing & category plans as well as contracting activities in commodities such as Marketing and Advertising, Technology, Professional Services, Human Resources and Real Estate related services.
- Identifying, collaborating and executing on agreed sourcing and category plan strategies with Business Partners
- Performing RFI, market analysis, total cost modelling, benchmarking and spend analysis
- Supporting RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier and negotiation process
- Conducting meetings between Amex and suppliers in support of RFI/RFPs and ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Tracking and providing regular reporting and updates to the relevant parties (including line management, regional/global GSM team and key stakeholders) on project status
- Leading or participating in cross markets/regional initiatives as defined by GSM leadership
- Leading sourcing activities across functional lines, markets, business units that have a major impact on American Express’ expense, revenue and profitability
- Maintaining and promoting the AMEX Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum of three years of procurement experience (Preferably in Financial Services environment)
- Evidence of strong procurement experience, competitive intelligence and capabilities across all categories
- Procurement professional with operating knowledge of contract law, local/regional/global sourcing strategies, risk management, vendor due diligence, supplier development and complex negotiations skills
- Ability to manage day to day business priorities along with long term strategic deliverables
- Strong project management skills and financial experience including development of CBAs and financial models
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication and influencing skills with evidence of consistently delivering cost savings and value-add opportunities
- Ability to proactively drive internal stakeholder and external supplier relationships
Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Fluent in another European language (i.e. Spanish)
will be a plus
- Experience with various eProcurement tools like Ariba, etc. will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum, MBA/Post graduate degree as a plus (or relevant experience)
-Fluent in Japanese
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 5:43:18 PM