American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Business Compliance
Business Compliance is a team within Singapore Country Manager’s office that manages initiatives in support of priorities set forth by the local regulations. Seeking a motivated, deadline-driven, and meticulous individual who is ready to take on new challenges and contribute to the success of this critical function. The primary element of the role’s focus will be to ensure Risk, Compliance and Audit policies are adhered to across business functions.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in defining and executing business compliance initiatives that span across Singapore market by working closely with Market Compliance, Legal and Ops Risk. The candidate is also expected to play a critical role in providing business planning and data analytics support for the business teams.
- Support the Singapore Outsourcing Committee in its oversight of existing and proposed outsourced activities
- Ensuring outsourcing arrangements comply with Singapore regulatory requirements – MAS Outsourcing Notice and Guidelines, AEMP10 for Vendors and AEMP 57 for affiliate relationships where applicable
- Conduct periodic review of customers profile as required by Market Compliance
- Ensure on time completion of AML remediation efforts in partnership with back office, technology and Market Compliance
- Ensure that deliverables are executed on time, and analyze documentation received from stakeholders to determine whether objectives have been met
- Lead and facilitate meetings with initiative owners and senior leaders, and track action items towards closure
- Prepare presentations and reporting for senior leaders, management committees
- Support market growth through data analytics and generate insights on potential growth areas through partnering with the data team
- Minimum university bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' relevant experience in compliance
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual with strong analytical mindset
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding judgment and flexibility, identifying and reacting to critical issues in a timely manner;
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines;
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with stakeholders across functions within a matrix organization;
- Excellent people leader with the ability to manage direct reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Experience in compliance or regulatory environment is an advantage
- Strong knowledge in MS Office applications
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 2:10:29 AM