About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
• Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of Oracle ERP application
• Responsible for all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications - performs hands-on coding, technical design and development of systems.
• Develops code specifications. Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing. Assists in resolution of defects/ production support issues as required.
• Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
• Perform core technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code
• Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
• Participate in or lead integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results.
• Perform assigned unit and assembly testing of software components.
• Participate in code reviews and execute assigned automated build test scripts.
• Debug software components, identifying, fixing and verifying the remediation of code defects. Work on assigned product features for ongoing sprints and manage a subset of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
• Flexible and willingness to learn and work in any technology platform/product
• Own all technical aspects of software development architecture, for the assigned applications
• Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.