American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We are looking for a Senior Credit Risk professional to join our Paris office as Director and Chief Credit Officer France, Netherlands, Belgium
The individual will lead a team of credit risk managers and analysts to drive the go-forward strategy credit strategy supporting the Consumer and Commercial business units
As a key member of the European Credit Risk Management organisation you will sit on the local country executive team and be responsible for the Credit Loss provision in the market.
You and the team you will lead, will work closely with business partners such as marketing, sales, account development, operations, compliance etc to deploy risk solutions to business problems. This will require a deep understanding of managing consumer and commercial credit risk as well as strong stakeholder management skills.
- Own the credit risk performance for France, Belgium, Netherlands consumer and commercial portfolios (including Net Loss Provision and Loss Coverage ratios)
- Lead a team monitoring economic performance across all portfolio segments and partner with Global Strategy teams to identify improvement opportunities in risk strategies and capabilities
- Possess in-depth understanding of the economics of the business unit, as well as the market place, including the economy, competition, and regulatory requirements
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with the strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services
- Demonstrate thought leadership on the consumer and commercial payments landscape and long term strategies for new growth areas (supplier payments, non-card lending, cross border payments)
- Lead in-depth analytical projects using Big Data to find patterns and trends that lead to smarter business decisions
- Focus and invest deeply in talent development and team culture.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Credit Risk Management experience with ownership for portfolios of significant volumes
- Sophisticated credit product knowledge within the European landscape
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influence management skills; extensive experience in top-level executive interactions
- Strong collaborative skills to partner across geographies and time zones
- Experience with understanding financial statements and commercial payments
- Well-rounded understanding of data exploration and statistical techniques and at least worked with one statistical program like SAS, Stata, R, Python, SPSS
- Strong analytical and people management skills with a passion for developing and coaching new talent
- Fluency in French and English required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019, 5:46:08 AM