American Express Careers
Centralized Client Manager - French Speaker
Why joining the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
Are you French speaker? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your commercial skills if you speak both languages fluently. As an European hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Whitin this organization, the Centralized Client Manager is accountable for pro-actively manage relationships with high value Merchants over the phone.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual expected to drive business growth within a defined portfolio of approx. 160 merchants. He/she executes a contact strategy in order to ensure relationship building, merchant satisfaction and retention. He/she will set up account plans, identify expansion opportunities, ensure full acceptance and provide merchants with valuable Business Insights and Marketing options.
- Driving growth of American Express charge volume and revenues.
- Maintain and grow active locations.
- Establishing contact & achieving minimum productivity levels.
- Improve merchant satisfaction.
- Retention of account.
- Ensure compliance and control.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- French native level speaker.
- Fluent in English.
- Solid experience in relationship management or sale roles ideally over the telephone (+2 years).
- Customer driven, able to find solutions to meet customer needs, creative thinking.
- Excellent level of negotiation and objection handling skills.
- High level of business awareness and financial acumen including ability to understand key financial drivers and draw accurate conclusions from them.
- Good understanding of American Express business and processes (preferable).
- Ability to learn new skills, question the status quo and adjust to changing environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to set priorities to achieve goals, accountability.
- Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment.
- Strong analytical, oral and written skills.
- High level of determination and self-confidence, ability to work in groups and contribute to the team success.
- Market native speaker. Due to the nature of the role applicants must be native speakers or have in-depth knowledge of the country and culture, gained by having lived long periods of time in the country or by having had previous working sales experience in the country.
- Eligibility to work in Spain.
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks:
New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes connected with the city center. Parking facilities.
Life and Accident Coverage
Amex personal card with no annual fee
Educational and Language Allowances
Work from home (up to three days per week)
Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy in-company activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Physiotherapy, Mindfulness)
Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
And lots more!
It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.#LI-HB3
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 7, 2019, 9:21:13 AM