American Express Careers
Engineer Full Stack Node.js
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an ambitious new team of high performers. Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. They are nimble and creative with the power to craft our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences within Global Loyalty & Benefits organization.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Engineers who join our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
- Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand.
- The position will also play a meaningful role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
- The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long term business goals.
- Experience with package managers npm/yarn.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, Couchbase is a plus.
- Solid command on one or more programming languages (Java and/or Go)
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 11:42:44 AM