American Express Careers
Senior Manager, B2B Development – AR Automation & Strategic Partnerships
Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded products. The B2B Development team sits within GMNS and is the central point of contact between the Global Commercial Services (GCS) organization and GMNS in order to support the strategy and growth of B2B payments – a key priority for American Express.
As AXP continues to build its leadership in the commercial payments space, a key component is automating the end to end processes for our buyers and suppliers. AXP’s growing suite of 3rd party and proprietary Accounts Payable (AP) Automation solutions seeks to streamline the buyer’s procure-to-pay processes, and AXP is looking to develop similarly an Accounts Receivables (AR) partnership model to streamline the order-to-cash cycle for our merchants.
The Senior Manager will define and lead clear product and partnership vision and execution for B2B AR Automation:
- Develop the strategic roadmap to automate the order-to-cash through 3rd party partnerships, including target customers, needed products/services, and strategic partners
- Form a deep understanding of customer needs, market dynamics, and Accounts Receivable processes to inform product vision and roadmap
- Manage relationships with external partners, across varying models and in different stages of development
- Manage leadership team and broader stakeholder updates; create syndication materials, provide overviews to internal partners and “sell” the vision
- Lead successful execution of roadmap including go-to-market by working with diverse stakeholder groups across product development, marketing, field enablement, sales, and client management
- Track record of delivering results in product management/development, business development, marketing and/or operations roles
- Bias for action, gets stuff done
- Naturally curious and desire to ‘figure things out’
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to change course quickly based on new insights
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Organized, prepared and dependable
- Positive, flexible and proactive
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 7:04:54 PM