American Express Careers
US Bank Manager/ Senior Manager, Vendor Management
American Express National Bank (AENB) engages with a number of vendors, both internal affiliates and external third parties. The Bank’s Affiliate Management Program Office (AMPO) manages the formal, documented Service Level Agreements (SLA) including, but not limited to, performance standards, reporting requirements and pricing. This management and governance focuses on ensuring adequate and appropriate oversight of each Affiliate relationship through regular engagement, ongoing validation, monitoring and performance reporting.
The Manager/ Senior Manager, Vendor Management will split responsibilities between supporting the coordination of the SLA / contract management and the reporting process between AENB and various affiliated and third-party entities.
The position will establish strong working relationships with Bank Affiliates and third parties. They will be responsible for the refresh and monitoring of Bank agreements, gathering, organizing, analyzing and reporting on the results of SLA adherence.
- Develop and execute reporting on adherence with all aspects of Bank agreements/ contracts including performance against defined standards/ metrics.
- Execute against a risk based, comprehensive Bank contract management framework which allows Bank Management as well as Bank Boards to effectively manage Bank contractual relationships;
- Execute risk-based due diligence activities based upon defined criteria and risk assessments;
- Monitor adherence to the Bank’s Vendor Management Policy; and
- Facilitate regular, ongoing Bank Management and Affiliate discussions.
- Facilitate monthly Affiliate Bank Management, and Bank Board reporting and associated supporting documentation.
- Ensure all activities are executed in accordance with Regulation W-23B;
- Maintain strong working relationships with key business partners in Consumer, Small Business, Risk, Technology, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Controllership, and other affiliates.
- Three to five plus years of banking, operational risk, and/or relationship, vendor, or contract management experience, with a focus on developing and executing risk based governance solutions;
- Proven ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms:
- Ability to effectively define, analyze, interpret, and report meaningful data
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and draw appropriate conclusions based on trends and themes
- Strong relationship skills including the ability to effectively and professionally communicate and build positive working relationships with all levels within the organization;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; solid presentation skills with the ability to influence business leaders and partners;
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational & follow through skills;
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives;
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority;
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively;
- Strong understanding of U.S. Bank systems and processes, technical skills/computer knowledge (including excellent MS Access and Excel skills) a plus;
- Understanding of legal contracts and related governance activities; and
- Undergraduate degree preferred; Graduate degree a plus.
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; or New York, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 11:51:17 PM