American Express Careers
Technical Support Analyst
The Global Product Development Team works with internal and external resources to define and deliver exceptional support of our agent desktop product for the US TLS User population. This includes analyzing issues, working with internal and external resources to resolve any defects or gaps in development reported by users.
The Support Analyst is responsible for providing TLS Users with expert advice, solving complex problems, troubleshooting & documenting product issues & solutions, and escalating & managing open issues. This role is instrumental in representing the voice of the TLS User, and works closely with Operations, 3rd Party Vendors, and CTT Teams to resolve any reported issues affecting the users. The Support Analyst serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
TLS campus in Phoenix.
- Researches and responds to incoming problem reports and requests for product information or advice.
- Maintains stated case handling protocols (troubleshooting techniques, escalation processes & ongoing follow-up procedures), volume, and SLAs.
- Independently seeks additional product & industry knowledge.
- Proactively identifies and owns issues, working with development teams to manage issues to resolution.
- Flags opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency and represent the voice of the TLS User to other internal teams.
- Helps establish team SOPs, creates and maintains runbooks and knowledge articles.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years’ experience in a technical customer support role; travel or financial industry environment preferred.
- Travel industry experience required; SABRE GDS expertise preferred.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues using case management software for follow-up and customer communications.
- Self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
Desired skills/certification: Proficient with MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019, 10:27:15 PM