American Express Careers
Manager / Sr. Manager – Model Risk Management
The Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) is responsible for oversight of model risk and governance over machine learning usage enterprise wide. The role will work with finance, treasury, and anti-money laundering models; as well as manage and control model risk in order to elevate model excellence, strengthen long term shareholder value, and satisfy regulatory expectations.
This role will report to a director in MRMG. The specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee finance, treasury, and anti-money laundering models, which include evaluating conceptual soundness, data quality, performance validation, and on-going monitoring
- Document detailed model review reports and prepare for regulatory and internal audit reviews
- Communicate model review results to business partners, senior leaders, and regulators
- Evaluate machine learning algorithms and their application on models
- Enhance governance framework to accommodate the evolving modeling techniques, model development, as well as model risk management
- Master's degree in quantitative fields required
- Hands-on modeling experience is preferred
- The qualified candidate should have a good understanding in machine learning models and classic statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in large data processing and handling is a plus
- Strong communication and written skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019, 9:26:09 AM