Overview: Individuals within the Data movement - Capabilities/Movement Product team work closely with stake holders to understand Business driven requirements. Drive the design of quality technical solutions related to data – data feeds, real time data integration, and data architecture supporting warehousing and analytics. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. We are fully aligned to Agile methodologies and we are looking for individuals that understand the details within user stories, can produce solutions in partnership with Tech & Infra teams to ensure a quality & resilient product . Change is constant, and individuals and associates should be able to lead changes by providing subject matter expertise across the entire landscape including emerging technologies and working to continuously improve our approach to delivery.
Product Management Expertise
The Role You Will Have
Work with Business stakeholders to understand their needs, prioritize projects, and define clear requirements for the Tech teams
Be the first point of contact to troubleshoot and communicate any data issues to the business
· Manage day-to-day agile processes for a multi-located teams
· Ensure product is developed to meet business goals and customer needs
· Own the definition, tracking, and reporting on KPIs for all products
· Responsible for team execution and delivering on stated milestones
· Own the future roadmap for the data products in line with Firms Hybrid cloud strategy.
· Constantly evaluate the value add of products in house to what’s available in the market.
What You Will Bring
· 8+ years of product experience with experience in BI, ETL, or other data focused environments (Enterprise Data Lake, Enterprise Data ware house)
· Demonstrated the Delivery of Enterprise Data Management/Movement products for business teams delivering multimillion dollar revenues
· Good experience working with industry tools on Meta data management, Data quality.
· Demonstrated Partnership with Machine Learning Teams and a good understanding development, training, and deploy of models on Data platforms
· Strong SQL skills in the advance analytics space
· Demonstrated experience in Apache products – Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
· Experience with migration and warehouse consolidation is a big plus.
· Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial environment is a plus
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
Bachelor’s degree in Systems or Computer Science or another related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 8 or more years of product development or product management experience in Big Data space.
Broad level of understanding surrounding systems and application architecture standards with demonstrated ability of leading projects.
Experience designing data-oriented solutions using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments.
Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
Proficient communication skills and experience in mentoring/leading junior developers
Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet commitments
Excellent interpersonal skills, must be comfortable working continually on a team with daily accountability for keeping commitments
Ability to use good judgment in conveying status and problem escalation
Provides coaching and mentoring to Junior team members
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2019, 3:07:43 PM