American Express Careers
FX International Payments - Sales Team Leader
The US FX International Payments (FXIP) business is a fast growing B2B cross border payments business within Global Commercial Services. Today, we facilitate transactions totaling over $10Bn for over 10K customers. Our customers use our platform to manage their global, non-Card payments for goods and services and for inter-company funding across industries such as retail, wholesale, professional services, charities and manufacturing. FXIP is a high growth business with key objectives of enhancing value to Commercial customers while driving revenue and profitability growth.
We are seeking 2 Team leaders to join our dynamic FXIP Sales Team.This position will be fully responsible for delivering Sales target and managing a team of 6/7 Sales Managers and FX Specialist representatives. The Team Leader will recruit, train, coach, motivate, inspire and lead the team. Managing the team will require 1) developing deep relationships with MM Field Sales DBD’s and MBD’s 2) sharing a clear vision of success in a competitive and dynamic marketplace, and 3) monitoring individual activity & pipeline the results through the metrics.
The measure of success of this role includes the new revenues generated, activation of new customers, management of pipeline and closure rates, attracting building and retaining talent. Managing change is a key requirement to keep pace with the growth target, technical changes, innovation and new products to ensure a diverse high performing sales team.
The sales team leader is supported and enabled by other FXIP teams including Partnerships, Account Development and Operations. The Sales Team Leader is expected to create highly collaborative partnerships with these business units at the same time as being the advocate for the sales team and our client prospects.
If you are a highly pro-active individual with the necessary experience in leading people and driving results above and beyond, we strongly encourage you to apply for this role.
- Deliver + 100% of the new business sales target for the team.
- Developing a robust pipeline throughout the sales team with a mix a small medium and larger opportunities, balancing short and long sales cycle and closing businessMove accounts through the sales cycle: leads into opportunities, opportunities to clients and activate this new accounts
- Move accounts through the sales cycle: leads into opportunities, opportunities to clients and activate this new accounts
- Develop a solid network of Internal and external partners.
- Provide strong leadership to the sales team, motivate team, ensuring clarity on and engagement on the strategic vision and key deliverrables.
- Managing talent pipeline, diversity, hiring and attracting talent to the sales team.
- Provide marketplace knowledge and insight to the team
- Accuracy of reporting in SFDC.
- Drive Annual Pulse results
- Direct report to Head of US Sales.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange/international payments, and GCS products and sales practices is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated strength & leadership with strong, collaborative and influencing skills
- Have the ability to see the big-picture, and be able to demonstrate creative and strategic thinking
- Confident and friendly communication style
- Collaborative mindset: comfortable working with team members to maximize individual and company performance
- Positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic. Ability to give and receive feedback in a positive way.
- Strong performance culture and with a track record
- Re-define standards of excellence & creating momentum for top business performance
- Ability to articulate value propositions and translate into specific, tangible account action plans & results for each client
- Ability to drive innovation & change within the clients organisation as well as within the Blue Box
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and understanding of technology in the industry
- College degree
- Preferred locations - New York City and Mid/South West (Chicago, Phoenix or Texas)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 8:06:12 PM