American Express Careers
Information Security Analyst
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
In this role, you will work closely with internal and external partners to use your highly refined analytical and organizational skills to enable better decision-making. More specifically, you will perform the following types of activities:
- Assists in developing, implementing and monitoring useful Metrics aligned with AXP Information security policies, standards and procedures
- Provide analytical QA and support for reporting as well as data gathering aggregation and integration projects involving multiple data sources. Support includes but is not limited to validation of completeness, accuracy, relevance, and consistency
- Create POC dashboard/reporting mockups and validation of processes as needed
- Collect, consolidate, reconcile and analyze large data sets across IS and IT disciplines to uncover meaningful data trends in relationship to Enterprise Risk performance
- Assess Reporting outputs and facilitate efficiency analysis for customer adoption/re-education
- Develop data Visualizations regarding performance and trending; produce quality documentation and auditable artifacts
- Utilizes tools and documented processes to support efforts to measure and improve information security processes
Documentation Creation and Maintenance:
- Create and Maintain internal documentation (Flowcharts, process/procedures, decisions, requirements, and standards), ensuring items are regularly updated to reflect the latest processes and requirements
- Prepare materials (reports, presentations, dashboard, etc) to tell a story, facilitate understanding, provide impact assessments and enable informed decision-making
- Coordinate with stakeholders across Information Security and Technology Teams to gather feedback and identify opportunities for optimization of the platform and its associated processes
- Assist with Project Management activities around initiatives including: timelines and deliverables including Roadmaps, Cross team collaboration orchestration, identification of risks to deliverables/roadblocks, and success measurements
- Communicate the status of issues, preventative solutions and resolutions to the relevant stakeholders, project members, and Directors as required
- Recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with experience in facilitating, documenting, and optimizing business processes with auditable controls
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to network and collaborate within and across teams toward common outcomes
- Self-starter, with good problem solving skills. Comfortable with ambiguity, naturally curious, and able to connect the dots to understand how their work connects to defined objectives
- Demonstrated skill in handling multiple concurrent initiatives and adjusting quickly to shifting priorities and rapid change
- Understanding of Product Management fundamentals and practices
- Highly organized, with the ability to plan and prioritize appropriately, juggle multiple work streams, and ensure completion through coordination and follow-up.
- Be able to collaborate effectively, work closely within a coordinated team environment, and maintain composure while dealing with time sensitive deadlines
- Detail oriented with the ability to comprehend, collect and communicate complex technical details, policies and procedures and adjust the message accordingly based on the audience
- Experience performing data analytics and aggregation using input from multiple data sources
- Require Advanced to Expert level MS Suite skills, particularly in Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Data visualization and reporting using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, SSRS, PowerQuery, or similar
- Familiarity with additional programming/data processing languages or tools such as Python, SOLR, SQL Server, or Ruby is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Intelligence/related fields OR equivalent work experience is required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 6:30:51 PM