Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Contractor position with an assignment period of approx.10 months.
This Market HR Specialist position will be a key role partnering with the Line of Businesses and supporting colleagues. This position will act as point of contact for HR related matters and will provide consultation to line leaders on wide range of aspects on performance management, talent development, engagement etc. In this role, you will need to work across business units to understand the organization issues and concerns and effectively execute/implement HR solutions in relation to the business and functional needs. The role requires taking initiative, working independently as well as being a strong team player. You will be part of the One HR team, reporting to the Market HR Manager.
• Support the HR Manager in developing and delivering against the annual Market Colleague Plan/Human Capital Plan.
• Support the development and implement people initiatives in the area of Talent Management, Training and Development, Retention Programs, and Engagement.
• Build relationships with business leaders and colleagues, providing credible HR solutions.
• Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of HR policies and processes.
• Administer various human resources plans and procedures for colleagues.
• Partnering with HR centers of excellence in a joint approach to forthcoming business developments.
• Providing HR focused input to leaders to close engagement gaps.
• Driving and delivering HR communications and education programs with the business.
• Providing flexible ad hoc project support to HR community as appropriate
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or in human resources management.
• Min 3 years of human resources experience as HR Generalist or Specialist.
• General knowledge of employment laws and practices in the Market.
• Proven ability to work proactively to drive and deliver results.
• Excellent communication / interpersonal skills, consultancy skill is a plus.
• A strong team player with the ability to engage and inspire others.
• Builds strong relationships with stakeholders.
• Adaptability and resilience in complex problem solving.
• Project Management including facilitating and coordinating groups.
• Ability to work in a function operating in a matrix environment.
• Fluency in both Japanese and English.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019, 8:00:46 AM