American Express Careers
Senior Engineer II
- Card Transaction Engine and Transaction Routing,
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- You will be responsible for design and building key components of a distributed real-time transaction engine, and payment processing business logic by leveraging these components
- Contribute to high level design as well as detailed design of complex subsystems with emphasis in high availability and low latency.
- Working with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks.
- Build POCs to experiment new technologies, databases and other application infrastructure.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions. Be acutely aware of enabling technologies and open-source products to build low latency distributed systems.
- Embrace a culture of innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 7+ years of work experience.
- Strong implementation experience using languages like C/C++, GoLang, Scala or Java. Keen understanding of how to build highly performant systems with such languages.
- Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems, experience with Service Mesh products/frameworks like such as Envoy, Linkerd, Istio, gRPC/ProtoBuf; Distributed System Management/tracing and monitoring such as Zipkin/Jaeger, ELK Stack, Prometheus
- Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems.
- Have hands-on experience in building and delivering large scale enterprise systems/products. Implemented critical aspects of the such systems and have supported such applications in production as SAS service.
- Keen awareness of concerns in massively distributed systems and effective solutions.
- Experience working in DevOps teams and Scrums.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 7, 2019, 7:24:21 PM